Intended to be ever-evolving this page will feature quotes, thoughts and learnings which have inspired and guided me over the years. If you have favorites you’d like to share, please post in the Comments section below! (We love to give the original author credit so include their name if you know it!)
Showing up is worth it 100% of the time. – WW
I’m thankful for a life, family and friends that inspire me to practice gratitude 365 days a year. Maybe I come across as quirky, dorky, or socially awkward but when I tell you that I love you, that I appreciate you in my life, that I love the way you shine your light in the world, that I see and value the gifts you offer, or simply want to say thank you …please listen — really listen — and take it to heart…because it is offered with depth, sincerity, and love. Not just in November, but always. xo WW
Paraguay: 141st worst GDP in the world (ie POOR) but tied for #1 for HAPPIEST people in the world. Think about it. -WW
When the student is ready, the teacher appears.
Operate on the assumption that not only is life going to bring you the best, but it’s going to bring you the best thing the first time. Radical. Of course it won’t work out that way every time. But with that kind of trust, you’ll always be heading in the right direction. – Danielle LaPorte
With unfailing kindness, your life always presents what you need to learn. Whether you stay home or work in an office or whatever, the next teacher is going to pop right up. – Charlotte Joko Beck
Your body is your home, it’s where you’re going to live for your entire life. Love, cherish and care for it as you would your most cherished possession. -WW
Even after being here almost a year, I often still pause wherever I am and just take it all in; a mental ‘pinch myself’. Sometimes it’s still hard to believe I’m here, living in the heart of South America, among people who’ve welcomed me, the stranger, into their community with open arms, managing not only to get by but thrive despite language barriers and misunderstandings, frustrations and disappointments, and missing my family and friends. I count my blessings every single day. -WW
I learned many things today but the big lesson was: simply showing up allows miracles to happen…I’m glad I showed up today. -WW
Be the best you, the most real you, you can be. Your real friends will love you even more. Anyone who walks away from THAT just wasn’t ready for your awesomeness. -WW
Want a simple way to sweeten up your life? Take a look at the ordinary things all around you, find joy in each mundane task, acknowledge even the smallest blessings in your life. Simply noticing their presence has a way of bringing their inherent beauty and power to life, transforming them from ordinary to extraordinary. Gratitude brings wide-open joy. You are bombarded with miracles every moment of every day…if only you will open your heart and your eyes to them. -WW
What stories do you tell yourself about you, your abilities, your worth? Have you checked their validity lately? How many are so negative you wouldn’t dream of saying them to your best friend or beloved? Maybe it’s time to tell some better stories. -WW
If you’re not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you’re determined to learn, no one can stop you.
Happiness is…a universe that delivers who and what I need just when I need them. -WW
“People have significant psychological resources to improve their well-being and performance, but these resources often go unused and could be better harnessed.” – Weger and Loughnan. The mind and body are not separate; our thoughts have remarkable control over our bodies; and our mindsets are capable of improving our brains’ (and thus our bodies’) performance. We are all far more capable than we believe!
Ten Rules for being Human:
1. You will receive a body. You may like it or hate it, but it’s yours to keep for the entire period.
2. You will learn lessons. You are enrolled in a full-time informal school called, “life.”
3. There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of trial, error, and experimentation. The “failed” experiments are as much a part of the process as the experiments that ultimately “work.”
4. Lessons are repeated until they are learned. A lesson will be presented to you in various forms until you have learned it. When you have learned it, you can go on to the next lesson.
5. Learning lessons does not end. There’s no part of life that doesn’t contain its lessons. If you’re alive, that means there are still lessons to be learned.
6. “There” is no better a place than “here.” When your “there” has become a “here”, you will simply obtain another “there” that will again look better than “here.”
7. Other people are merely mirrors of you. You cannot love or hate something about another person unless it reflects to you something you love or hate about yourself.
8. What you make of your life is up to you. You have all the tools and resources you need. What you do with them is up to you. The choice is yours.
9. Your answers lie within you. The answers to life’s questions lie within you. All you need to do is look, listen, and trust.
10. You will forget all this.
Dr. Cherie Carter-Scott, www.MyBeautifulWords.com
You get more bees with honey….
…May we continue to open our hearts and minds, in order to work ceaselessly for the benefit of all beings… – Pema Chödrön