Wendy’s Wish List
After many inquiries for care package ‘wish list’ items I thought it easier to simply list here and update as needed.
If you’d like to send a care package to my community – and totally make someone’s day, week, or month!- you can mail to the address below. Understand that these things can take a few months to arrive, so include nothing that will perish within that time. Wrap well in tape and, if possible, affix stickers, labels or phrases of Christ to discourage the curious in transit. Do NOT send anything of value as things are often stolen. Please keep declared value under $100 as packages over that threshold automatically go to Customs for inspection, they’ll charge me tax on the value, and they may likely help themselves to anything inside. Thank you for supporting my work in Paraguay … it means a lot to me!
PS- I ask that no packages be sent after July 1, 2014 as I will be completing my service at year’s end and don’t want good intentions lost in the shuffle. 🙂
Wendy Ward, PCV
Items for my community:
- Letters to the community children from your children (include a photo if you wish; they LOVE photos)
- Notebooks for writing and drawing
- Artsy or crafty items like beads, glitter, card stock, watercolor paints, brushes, etc
- Bingo games with reuseable cards if possible (Bingo is HUGELY popular here)
- Twister game
- Small, simple card games like Uno
- Colored chalk
- Small radio with USB port for playing music from a flash drive
- Rubber stamp and ink set of animals or flowers
- Kids mittens – all sizes
- Kids socks – all sizes
- Kids ballcaps
- Soccer or volley balls
- Kids’ books in Spanish, all ages
- Travel-size hand lotion
- Kids’ toothbrushes
If you have ideas other than what are listed here, give me a shout to discuss what might work! Thanks again for your support!